How Much Revenue will I Earn with House Ads?
The Question every new Publisher asks is “How Much will I Earn?”
Our goal at House Ads is to display the most relevant and highest-paying advertisement every time your page is viewed to maximize revenue. We do this in a number of ways running a unified auction across Direct Brand Advertisers, Programmatic Buyers and Header Bidding.
However Publisher earnings are affected by a number of key variables that make it virtually impossible for us to predict the exact CPM rate and revenue an individual Publisher can earn.
Whilst there are a number of “On Page” / best practice optimizations, ultimately, your earnings are driven by how much advertisers will pay to reach your readers.
Key variables which impact CPM rates and monthly earnings include:
- Size of your audience
- Audience Relevance
- Number of Pages Views each month
- Number of ads per page
- Media Types – are you running Display, Mobile, Video and Native ?
- Are you setup to always maximize Viewability?
- Have you published an Ads.txt File
- Demographic composition of your readership
- Geographic composition
Here are some things you can do to garner higher-paying CPM rates:
- Have Ads Above-The-Fold – many higher-paying CPM campaigns are only run on ad spaces above-the-fold. These units tend to be be highly Viewable. We recommend that publishers have at least 2 ads Above-The-Fold.
- Run non-IAB units – Most sites only run standard size ads such as 728×90, 300×250, 160×600. Sites that run ad units with Rising Star Units like 970×250, 300×600, Outstream Video, Native, Interstitials, PreRoll video, Over-the-page, floating ads, and background skins will earn more as these placements attract much higher CPM rates.
- Create new content all the time – sites that create content daily often outperform sites that create content once per week.
- Utilize the tips in our Traffic Booster Guide – We’ve created a free guide with simple tips to help increase the traffic to your site. Publishers who have implemented some of the strategies have seen traffic rates increase by over 300%. Download here.